Ghosts of Georgia Investigation report
On February 20, 2010 GOGPI investigated claims of paranormal activity at a private apartment home in Norcross, GA. Claims of activity including: hearing unexplained voices, noises, thumping, and doors closing on their own. The residents claim their kitchen table has been felt shaking, on its own and in response to questions, and the sofa vibrating in the living room. The resident also claims something possessed their brother who lived in the home for a short period of time. The female resident stated she had the same dream several times.
Investigators & people present at investigation: Investigators – Ed Laughlin, Christine Riley, Beth Peters and the two residents of the home.
Weather conditions: One Quarter Moon –Feb 21, 2010
Feb 20, 2010 10:22 AM – 5:35 PM 78.1° 386,673 38.7%
Feb 21, 2010 –
11:05 AM 12:55 AM
– 6:29 PM 80.7° 381,182 49.6% 1Q at 7:43 PM
Past Weather Conditions for KPDK
Observations prior to selected time: February 20, 2010 – 09:00 EST
Weather Conditions at February 20, 2010 – 8:53 EST
8:53 24 Hour Max 24 Hour Min
Temperature 39.9° F 55.0 at 15:53 28.0 at 4:53
Dew Point 27.0° F 27.0 at 8:53 18.0 at 14:53
Relative Humidity 59% 88 at 5:53 24 at 14:53
Wind Speed 0 mph 13 at 13:53 0 at 19:53
Pressure 29.10 in 29.10 at 8:53 29.03 at 15:53
Sea level pressure 30.21 in 30.21 at 8:53 30.12 at 15:53
Altimeter 30.18 in 30.18 at 8:53 30.10 at 15:53
Weather conditions clear – –
Visibility 10.00 miles 10.00 at 9:53 10.00 at 9:53
Condition of the home:
Apartment/Home is approximately 15 years old. These are standard apartments of standard construction with 2 apartments on top of each other. The residence lived in the top apartment. There are apartments on both sides of the residence as well. One side was empty, but the other side was occupied. There are 8 apartments in one building unit. The home has been kept in fairly good shape. There is one master bedroom, one small bathroom in the hall, a small kitchen, and an open style dining room and living room together. There is a porch with sliding glass door off the dining room.
Equipment used by Investigators:
Cameras: One Rebel T1i digital camera and Four IR Video Cameras connected to a J2000 DVR.
EMF Meters: Electro Sensor EMF Meter, and K-II Meter.
Audio Recorders: Sony P210 digital voice recorder and an Olympus D-10 digital voice recorder and Olympus VN-4100PC.
Thermometers: Cen-Tech mini non-contact infrared digital thermometer and an Omega HH68K ambient thermometer.
Only 1 Team was used due to the size of the apartment– Ed, Christine and Beth
7:30-8:00 pm – Set up equipment/investigation
1. 8:00 pm – Living Room, Average Base Temps (80 degrees) and EMF readings between 1.5 – 5.0. A large big screen TV with speakers is in the living room.
2. 8:07 pm – Living Room, Start EVP – End EVP 8:18 pm. – Lots of outside noise was heard during the entire EVP session. Children could be heard outside and several cars, people talking etc…
a. 8:08 pm – Living Room, During EVP session, Beth and Christine heard a little pop sound while sitting on the sofa. Christine smelled a burning smell right after the pop. We tried to debunk the smell by looking under and around the couch for a source of sound and smell. Nothing was found to explain the sound or smell.
3. 8:19 pm – Living Room, Christine feels a pin point sensation on her right hand while sitting on the couch. She felt a burning sensation at the site. We looked for the possibility of a small bug bite on the hand. The tiny red dot was left unexplained.
4. 8:24 pm – Dining Room, Average Base Temps (80 degrees) and EMF readings between 4.3 – 4.9. A computer is sitting on the dining room table, several cords and wires on the floor and a subwoofer on the floor – EMF reading at subwoofer is 26.9.
5. 8:32 pm – Dining Room, Start EVP – End EVP 8:42 pm. – Lots of outside noise was heard during the entire EVP session. Children could be heard outside and several cars, people talking etc… Two K-II meters were used during the EVP session, one on the dining room table and the other approximate eight feet away on the other side of the room.
A. 8:40 pm – Dining Room, Christine saw shadow in between the K-2 meters right in front of her.
b. During the EVP session we had K-II responses when asked to make the lights light up, it happened with both meters at different times.
6. 8:45 pm – Bedroom, Average Base Temps (76 degrees) and EMF readings between .1 – 2.5.
7. 8:53 pm – Bedroom, Start EVP – End EVP 9:09 pm. – Lots of outside noise was heard during the entire EVP session. Children could be heard outside and several cars, people talking etc…
After a break, we decided to split our team up – Beth, Christine and the female resident re-investigated the Living Room and Dining Room while Ed and Male resident waited outside.
8. 11:04 pm – Living Room, Same base temps and EMF readings – Start EVP – End EVP 11:14 pm – Lots of outside noise was heard during the entire EVP session. Children could be heard outside and several cars, people talking etc…
9. 11:15 pm – Dining Room, Same base temps and EMF readings – Start EVP – End EVP 11:33 pm – Lots of outside noise was heard during the entire EVP session. Children could be heard outside and several cars, people talking etc…
10. 11:35 pm – Living Room, Christine and Female resident felt like the room got colder – Temps checked – 74 degrees, and started falling – to 66 degrees in about two minutes. Female resident wanted to ask some questions. Christine and Beth continued to ask questions because Christine was getting various temperatures that seemed to respond to Christine’s questions. The temperature varied between 74 – 55 degrees. When Christine asked if the spirit wanted to touch the thermometer, the temp dropped to 59 from 67 in less than a minute.
11. 12:17 am – Ed and Male resident returned. We took a moment to try and debunk the temperature variances and discuss the Living Room findings.
12. 12:40 am – Bedroom, Ed and Male resident went to re-investigate the master bedroom. Same average temps and EMF readings. Nothing unusual was reported.
13. 1:00 am – End of Investigation.
During the investigation we found consistently high EMF readings throughout the whole apartment and they were a little higher in the bedroom which could explain some of the feelings that the client and others have had. While doing an EVP session in the dining room all investigators keep their hands on the table to see if the table would move in response to question to reproduce what the client had reported. We could not reproduce what the client had report but when an investigator reposition his hand the table did shake some with very little movement of the hand, which could explain some of the table movement that the client reported. Also during that EVP session we were using two K-II meters positioned approximately six feet apart. One K-II on the dining table, the other sitting across from it on our equipment bag in the walkway. We did have some responses with the K-II meters to specific questions that we could not explain. Along with a few personal experiences mentioned above and the K-II meters reacting to some questions, we did record some EVP’s. While determining some other explanations to the table movement and the light problem we were unable to debunk all the claims of the client. We did not find any evidence of something possessing the brother during this investigation. As far as the dreams and the possession claim we feel that the constant high EMF in the entire apartment may be a contributing factor to these occurrences. During the investigation we heard several noises coming from outside including hearing people talking outside. This could explain some of what the client has experienced.
GOGPI was able to find some alternate explanations to some of the client’s experiences but not all of it. We also had some unexplained experiences while on the investigation, along with K-II hits, and EVP’s which indicate that some paranormal activity is occurring in the home. We feel that a follow up investigation should be conducted to see if we can find explanations to some of the other occurrences.
Ghosts of Georgia Paranormal Investigations